- Emile Jellinek, a Hungarian-Austrian diplomat at Nis and a representative of DAIMLER, convinced Wilhelm Maybah to design a new range of cars for him that Jellinek "put" the name of his older daughter, MERCEDES.
- The merged M / B company had at its disposal highly experienced technical staff, led by Ferdinand Porsche and members of great engineers such as Fritz Nibel & Nallinger, who later joined Rudolf Unlenhaut and Max Sailer.
- Since 1971, the flagship of the company have been the S models with a 6 & 8 cylinder engine. And a fuel injection system while diesel engines were also available.
- The SE Americana range with rich equipment and strict safety standards was designed for the American market where it had a huge export success. This particular car is a luxurious 4-door Sedan with electric roof automatic transmission, equipped with V8 engine without. 3.5l, 210hp spraying power and independent 4-wheel suspensions. In addition, the interior has upholstery of high quality leather, which was customary in its time only with a special order.
- This car was imported with a special order for the needs of the Office of the Presidency of the Government in 1971 and was used by the office of then Prime Minister Adamantios Androutsopoulos. In Transition the car used to transport the night of 27-7-74 from Hellinikon Airport, Constantine Karamanlis, who swore as the Prime Minister at 2:00.